Ship Vehicles > Process > Step 1: Paperwork
Preparing Your Paperwork - How To Fill Out A Bill of Lading
When delivering your cargo to Young Brothers for shipment, a Young Brothers' Bill of Lading must accompany the shipment. The Bill of Lading is a contract between the carrier (YB) and shipper (customer) and should be properly completed.
It is very important that each customer provide YB with the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number of both the shipper and the consignee.
- To (Port of Origin) and From (Port of Destination)
- Payment - Indicate how freight charges are to be paid:
- Prepaid - pay at time of delivery to the port of origin
- Collect - Pay at time of pick up at port of destination
- Charge - Charge either shipper account or consignee account (need account number)
- Vehicle - Make, Year, Model, Vehicle Identification Number, License Number, Weight (for rating purposes) and Color should be in the Detail Description of Packages
- Shipper's Signature
* Value - Your vehicle is automatically insured up to $5,000 per vehicle. If you want to insure your vehicle for a higher amount, declare the actual value on the Bill of Lading at time of check-in and additional insurance will be charged.
* Please name an alternate person for pick-up. This will avoid a reconsignment process.