Ship Goods > Overview
Young Brothers, Limited (YB) is the only regularly scheduled common carrier authorized by the State of Hawaii to transport your goods over water (by barge) from one island to another.
Young Brothers, Limited regularly services the following ports:
- Hilo, Hawaii
- Kawaihae, Hawaii
- Kahului, Maui
- Kaunakakai, Molokai
- Nawiliwili, Kauai
- Kaumalapau, Lanai
At YB, shippers are allowed to ship less than container loads, also referred to as LCL cargo. LCL cargo is broken down into two broad categories: palletized, and loose.
Palletized cargo consists of cargo secured to pallets and tendered as a unit. Reservations are NOT required for palletized cargo and cargo is shipped based on space available on the barge.
Loose cargo consists of individual boxes or items tendered to YB. These items may consist of furniture, equipment, boxes, household items, etc. Reservations are NOT required for loose cargo and cargo is shipped based on when the container is filled and also based on space available on the barge.
The rates and services reflected in the company's operations tariff are closely regulated by the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission to ensure that you receive fair, efficient and economical services.
Where Do I Begin?
Young Brothers services the full spectrum of cargo from one carton through an entire barge load.
Listed below are some simple steps to follow to ship goods with Young Brothers:
- Plan your shipment as early as possible.
- Reservation- To determine if a reservation is required for your shipment, click here.
- Valid identification is required for all adults entering YB facilities.
- Properly package, label and prepare your cargo.
- Drop off your cargo on the proper delivery date as indicated by the recommended delivery schedule, or as instructed during the reservations processs.
- When tendering your cargo to Young Brothers, you will be required to complete a Bill of Lading (for more information, see our complete documentation requirements).
- Payment may be made either at time of delivery to Young Brothers or at time of pick up from Young Brothers.
- When picking up your cargo, inspect cargo prior to leaving the facility.
To learn more about shipping your vehicle with Young Brothers, Ltd., start by exploring the Process.
Click Here for a printable version of Shipping Goods.